The Safe Biking fund focuses on improving bike safety and awareness for bikers and drivers alike.
Take a look at a few selected accomplishments of the Safe Biking fund:
- Coordinated and executed the Christina Clarke Genco Mother’s Day Memorial Ride
- Assisted in funding the first and second editions of the Newton Bike Map
- Updated the content on the Newton Bike Map, drawing in new bike lanes
- Funded bicycle safety workshop at one Newton Middle School in Spring 2012
- Performed bicycle counts for the Boston bicycle count through Boston Bikes
- Funded the certification of one League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor
- Attended Boston University’s Bike Safety Day, distributing maps, brochures, and safety triangles
- Made a substantial donation to Bikes Not Bombs, a Boston area not-for-profit that promotes youth cycling and biking as a vehicle for social change
For more information on the Safe Biking fund and how you or your organization can get involved, please contact us.