We’re thrilled to be less than a week out for the 2nd Annual Christina Clarke Genco Mother’s Day Memorial Ride, taking place next Sunday, May 12, 2013 at Newton City Hall in Newton, MA. Here are the top ten reasons why, if you haven’t registered already, you should register right now:
10. There are four incredible routes of 68 miles, 34 miles, 17 miles, and 3.4 miles to choose from.
9. Registration is only $40 and supports safe bicycling and affordable housing in our community.
8. Last year, over 300 riders and 100 volunteers participated on a stellar spring day.
7. All of our routes take you through some great scenic bike riding spots in the Boston-area suburbs.
6. It’s more than just bicycling — food, music, and fun will be taking place all day at the finish line before, during, and after the ride.
5. We’ve got several special guests attending, including the Mayor of Newton, MA himself!
4. All ages, all abilities, and all kinds of bikes are invited to participate — no need to don the spandex if that’s not your thing!
3. It’s a wonderful way to get out, be active, enjoy the weather, and celebrate a gorgeous Mother’s Day.
2. Last year after the ride, we were able to donate $10,000 to Bike & Build to support Habitat for Humanity.
1. Finally, celebrate the life of Christina Genco by continuing to give back. It’s what drives us and what we hope drives you, too.
Convinced? Gather up a few friends and family members and sign up today:
Additionally, you can visit City Sports Chestnut Hill (55 Boylston Street) on Saturday, May 11 from 12pm-4pm to sign up!